Sunday, June 7, 2009

A blog about blogging...

I don't feel compelled to blog about every little thing. I'm actually sick to death of some topics. I am sick of politics and the rhetoric that follows. The left hates the right and the right hates the left... those that meet in the middle are ostracized for lack of loyalty or some such nonsense.

I am not an expert on everything. I can't expound on a federal health care system that we don't have, or foreign policy that is ever changing. I can't tell you if this president is a good one or not, (he's too new). I really don't have an opinion about everything.

I can speak to the war on terror only as it has invaded my own life and took my son and changed him forever. But at least I got him back. More than some mothers can say. Along with many friends whose kids have chosen to serve their country, I have worried about their welfare and what will come of them when they return to a country with no work. At least they are not as hated as our Vietnam Vets.

My phone has never been tapped, there is no dossier on me- at least not for terrorism. I have no beef with Homeland Security- what little I know about them tells me they are not effective enough to worry about one way or the other. (granted they are relatively new)

My worries are closer to home now. Employment, finances, sick dogs, friends in need, aging relatives, friends, family - family.

I want to go to Samuel P. Taylor Park and Mt. Tamalpias with my son, before the Governor closes them. I want to go to the Cheese Factory with my friend Renee and have a picnic like we did 20 + years ago. I want to see my niece and my great nephew in the 4th of July parade (in Novato). I want to go to Phoenix Lake with Kelly. I want to make gnocchi with my sisters, and go see my Uncle Richard in Palm Springs. I want to go to Glen Ellen and watch my sister Deb feed the yellow jackets. I want to spend time with all my nieces and nephews and even a few cousins. I want to help Liz build her website and show off her artwork, and I want to spend a day with Patti, sitting in the sun, reading our books and talking about life and loves lost. I want to help people. I want to understand the journey before it's over. That's all I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment ;o)