Sunday, January 25, 2009

GOD and some thoughts

-->
I’m interested in God and his relationship with the world and my relationship with Him.

I know a bunch of folks who quote OR misquote "good books" regularly… then act horribly to their fellow men and women. These people call themselves Christians, or Jews or Islamic or whatever. They have no tolerance for other faiths or those with no faith at all. A lot of them don’t even know how intolerant they are, so convinced they are living God’s word. Some Christians say they speak in the name of Jesus- and I think- Jesus is doing flip- flops in his grave knowing He is being misunderstood and misquoted.

God is there for people who cannot see or hear. He is there for those that have never read a holy book or who don’t know scripture. God is within us.

My God, loves everyone. He loves believers and non-believers alike. He doesn’t care if you are Black, or Yellow or Brown or White. He doesn’t care if you are gay or not gay. He doesn’t care if your parents are married or not- He just wants them to love you. He doesn’t take sides in a war because both side are all his children. He doesn’t care what you do for a living. He really only wants people to love, know joy, help each other, be kind, be tolerant. We are ALL welcome to the kingdom of Heaven or the life after this life, whatever your belief.

I think sometimes, He must grow so weary of our self-centeredness. We all think He is concerned with our truck that breaks down or an even crazier assumption that He is on the American side in a war. Do we not know how small we are?

Does anyone ever think the homeless guy on the street corner may be a test from God? Maybe He is just checking to see if we love our fellow man- or are taking care of our brother or sister. How many people look at the homeless man on the corner, in the eye? Oh, he’s a drunk you say? So what? He is one of God’s drunks.
My God- is not materialistic. He does not care what you have or don’t have. But He does want you to put one foot in front of the other and do what you can to help people and help yourself. He put us here to learn something. We each have our own lessons. He doesn’t care if you go to church… that is not really his home. His home is in your heart.

Something to ponder: When a miracle happens, or what we prayed for actually materializes, we say our prayers have been answered. But, when a mother fervently prays over her dying child, asking God to let the child live- and the child dies; does that mother say my prayers have been answered? NO. I have never known that to happen.

We use what works for us. We ignore or defy the rest.

I like my relationship with God. It’s comfortable. He knows I love His beauty. I love His animals, His Mountains, His trees, His sky, His stars. I love my family. I try to be a good person. I’m not always successful.

God has never left me, but I have left him a few times. He doesn’t mind- his door is always open. He doesn’t judge me, how could He? I am learning the lessons He put me here to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment ;o)