Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby 2-28-12



You’re the best thing that ever happened to me. You saved my life the minute you were born; maybe the minute you were conceived. I love that you got the best of two very flawed people- with just a smidgen of our flaws- so that maybe you could relate to us a little.

Since you were just a little guy you always brought the best out of the worst of us. The curmudgeonliest old people smiled when they saw you totter across a room. Weathered old sailors and grizzled mechanics, waitresses, grocery clerks and plenty of strangers always commented about what a cool or amazing kid you were.

You have been my hero always. Before the Marines, before your first steps, your old soul eyes looked into mine and I knew you were special.

I could not be more proud of the man you have become. You may feel burdened sometimes taking care of everyone like you do- but I watch in awe and feel such pride being your mom. (Though I take no credit for your incredible ability to help everyone.)

I hope this birthday is a great one for you. I hope this year brings you peace of mind, joy and pride in yourself.

You are the perfect son for me. The best gift I was ever given.

I love you with all my heart. 

Happy Birthday, Nicholas John Nakamoto

Mom

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Hope he has a wonderful birthday day

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful Katie!! I know Nick knows how special he is to you. He's a very lucky son to have a mother so very proud and in awe of him like you are. You accept the best and worst in him and have alway's let him find his own way in life. Something that is very hard for many parent's to do. Myself included.
    Love you both!!! Your sis Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Mom. This is really sweet and it made my night to read this. You did all the work so thanks for my birthday. You're the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment ;o)