Friday, November 25, 2016

Betrayal

I’ve had a lot of betrayal in my life--- and I suppose I have committed my share of betrayal too. It’s an end of the world feeling if you’re on the receiving end. You think to yourself you will never be the same and how can I go on? But we do.

The worst betrayal in the world is not your spouse or lover cheating on you, or a good friend sleeping with your husband or wife… the worst betrayal is when your own country betrays you. Since the election of Donald Trump, I have felt a deep betrayal. And yes – life will go on. Not like before though. Not for me.

This country has turned its collective back on everything good about it – and jumped into the cesspool with the Machiavellian Trump. The people that chose to believe Trump’s nonsensical blabbering about everything-- over the 30 years of cleared investigations into Hillary Clinton's life—both public and private, betrayed their own country.

His appointees tell the whole story. Mirroring himself, he’s appointed people that are racists, bigots and in fact, fascists. The neo-Nazi idolize Trump because he basically made it okay to for them to hate blacks, Mexican’s, Muslims, Jews, LGBT, and pretty much anyone that is not of white Anglo-Saxon origin, and made it okay to commit crimes against these people.

His appointees want to take the great open lands of this country and destroy them for profit.  (Mostly oil, coal and construction.)

His appointees want to dismantle the education system so the poor and marginalized will truly have no chance.

His appointees want to end the ACA, Medicare, and Social Security. (That would include your disability checks for those of you collecting.)

His appointees think it’s okay to torture the enemy even though the most knowledgeable generals say it does not work.

His appointees want give massive tax benefits to the top 1% -- and almost nothing to the middle class. Let them eat cake.  

His appointees collective experience in the fields they are being chosen for is almost nil.
One (or more) of his appointees is mentally ill.

Donald Trump has no regard for women—he is, in fact the purest definition of a misogynist.

He is a bully; he is a spoiled, rich asshole. He is the kind of guy that makes waiters want to spit in his food. He may not drink, but he has all the earmarks of an abusive alcoholic—right down to the memory impairments and the inability to own his shortcomings.

Donald Trump has mentioned detention camps for Muslims, and mass deportations. Of course he’s back peddled because someone probably told him that would be against the law. I’m sure though, they advised him to change the law first.

He does not comprehend the Constitution of the United States, the Bill of Rights,  the Articles of War and the myriad of active treaties we have with other nations and what ending them would mean.  
Donald Trump is a professional bull-shitter. He duped half the country into thinking he’s smart, when clearly he is learning impaired at the least, and downright stupid at most. He is a pathological liar—and I have experience with that personality type and I can tell you my alarms went off with Donald Trump in 2004 when he had that ridiculous television show. It took me maybe a minute to size him up. Maybe less.

I can’t turn off my ideologies to make peace with the less than half of the country that voted for him. I can’t make myself respect the thought process that led some to believe fake news and a big bag of wind. I cannot and will not support a racist, misogynist, a con artist, a fraud, and possibly a rapist.

He has aligned himself with the American Taliban – and the White Nationalist Nazi Party, elite right wing billionaires and Vladimir Putin.  He is by all definitions a fascist. And if news reporters would do their job, I'm sure someone could dig up something heinous in his past-- or present.  

I can’t force myself to say it’s just 4 years because it will take 20 years to unfuck everything he and his team of pond scum destroy. I don’t think he will make it one year – I think he will be impeached. But that leaves us with a disgusting man who made the women in his state look at scans of their dead babies and have funerals for their miscarriages and abortions. That is not Christian by the way—that is cruel and unusual and more in keeping the with Sharia Law. And by the way-- why is he trying to keep his emails secret? 

The personal betrayal to me is nothing compared to the far reaching and over-all effect this presidency will have on the world. It’s already caused fear, the likes of which has not been seen since Hitler started his movement to ethnically cleanse Germany. The whole world is watching-- and America just blinked.

We are a Nation of Freedom. We are a Nation of Laws. We are the Nation of Hope that we share world-wide.Until now, other nations took their lead from us.These are the ideals our troops have fought and died for...they didn't sacrifice their lives, lose limbs, sight, sound and for many their ability to live any kind of normal life, so that the rich could get richer. Now we are showing the world the worst side of us... and what happens when capitalism is controlled by just a few elite and not the people.  

We are the home to Lady Liberty at whose feet Emma Lazarus’ poem boldly states:

The New Colossus
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"  


This is the one betrayal in my life I don’t think I’ll forget. I may move on (to protest) - but I will never forget. History will never forget. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment ;o)